The IWWF is the World Governing Body for Towed Water Sports recognized by the International Olympic Committee (IOC)
MISSION STATEMENT: To advance and service all Towed Water Sports through education, promotion, competitions, fair play and administrative support as part of the Olympic movement
What is the IWWF?
The International Waterski & Wakeboard Federation (IWWF) is the world governing body for all towed water sports and has 90+ affiliated member Federations worldwide. It was founded in Geneva, Switzerland in 1946 and is recognised by the International Olympic Committee (IOC) as the sole authority governing all towed water sports. The IWWF is also an affiliate member of Association of IOC Recognised International Sports Federations (ARISF), the Global Association of International Sports Federation (GAISF) and one of the seven founding sports of the World Games
The IWWF’s competitive and recreational towed water sport divisions include the following: 3-Event Waterskiing, Wakeboard, Barefoot, Show Skiing, Cable Wakeboard, Cableski, Ski Racing, Disabled Skiing, Kneeboard and Wakesurf
What the IWWF Does?
• Promotes and develops towed water sports worldwide through National Federations.
• Develops technical rules for all towed water sport disciplines.
• Organizes educational and training programs for technical officials and coaches.
• Provides resources for federations for athlete and technical official development and education.
• Represents federations and athletes as and when needed.
• Manages towed water sport disciplines at Multi-Sport Games recognized by the IOC and its Regional Olympic Councils (ANOC World Beach Games, World Games, Pan Am Games, Mediterranean Games, South East Asian Games, Asian Beach Games, South American Games, etc.).
• Secures hosts for and manages IWWF World Titled events – total 11 events biennially.
• Secures hosts for and manages IWWF World Cup stops – 49 stops held and a total of USD5.7 million in cash prizes disbursed to athletes since 2004.
• Lobbies for inclusion in Regional Multi-Sport, Youth and Olympic Games.
• Complies with the World Anti-Doping Code and supports clean sport.
• Seeks Sponsorships.