16th August 2019
IWWF’s EMS (Event Management System) was presented to the World Congress in Putrajaya, Malaysia and was well received by Federation representatives in spite of a delay during its development.
Federation representatives, who were present, were updated as follows:
- The EMS should be ready for the waterski competitions organised in the Southern Hemisphere by November 2019 and for all other countries and disciplines by April 2020
- The first online test event will be the 2019 IWWF World Wakeboard Boat Championships in November 2019
- A user helpdesk, managed IWWF’s EMS Administrator Mr Hannu Rintanen, will be available during the implementation phase and ongoing
- Mr Rintanen will soon commence the final testing phase with the sports discipline council representatives and coordinate the implementation of the EMS with user support
- Promising system enhancements such as Ranking Lists, Entry Fee payments, etc will follow in 2020.
About the IWWF: The International Waterski & Wakeboard Federation (IWWF) is the world governing body for towed watersports and has over 90 affiliated Federations worldwide. It was founded in 1946 in Geneva, Switzerland. It is recognized by the International Olympic Committee (IOC) as the sole authority for towed watersports. The IWWF is an affiliate member of the Association of IOC Recognized International Sports Federation (ARISF) and the Global Association of International Sports Federations (GAISF). The IWWF’s sports disciplines include, amongst others, Tournament Waterskiing (slalom, tricks & jump), Wakeboard, Cable Wakeboard, Cable Waterskiing, Disabled Waterskiing, Show Skiing, Ski Racing, Barefoot Waterskiing & Wakesurfing
Social Media & Other Important Links: